Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Serious case of the grumps

We have all been sick for the last few days, with the exception of Aaron, who is out on a dive trip and Andrew who has the immune system of supernatural being. The entire family could be deathly ill coughing and blowing our nose's all over Andrew's face and he would still be completely healthy. I think it may be his love of raw vegetables and oranges that keeps him immune.

I kept Andrew out of school on Monday and Tuesday despite the fact taht he is the picture of health. I didn't want to be driving back and forth with a car full of sick people. It was just an easier plan. He got all of his homework done and a ton of video game time in.

Today I made him go back. He was never sick to begin with. He should be kissing my feet for those two free days off of school he jut had. Instead he decided to be a humongous sour puss about it. The fifteen minute drive to his school this morning was filled with little rants and grumblings and stream of negativity. I was certain my ear lobes would bleed if I had to listen to him complain for a second longer. I turned up the radio and tried my best to ignore him.


When we got to the school he told me that he absolutely was not getting out of the car.

"I am not going." He pronounced as if he had a say in the matter.

I did a long exhale trying really hard not to completely lose my temper with him.

"You need to get out of the car." I told him in the most calm mom voice that I could muster.

He didn't budge and had the most obnoxious smirk on his face. I proceeded to get out of the car in my dirty cut off sweat pants, braless, and with birds nest hair. I was quite the sight! I went to the passenger side to open the door. He locked it and stared calmly at me through his window.

At that point my threshold of patience had run out. I was livid. I started banging on the window and demanded that he open the door pronto. Meanwhile, there was a dad across the parking lot staring on in complete horror and shock. Andrew still did not open the door. I sprinted to the other side of the car. I opened my door just in time for him to hightail it out of the car slamming the door shut and making stink eyes at me. "You are the meanest mom in the world," I saw him mouth. Unbelievable!



Currentlly I am dreaming up fantastic punishments for him, ones that involve manual labor. I' m thinking along the lines of toliet bowl cleaning and dog crap pick up!

No comments: