Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A case of the grumps

We have all been sick for the last few days. Everyone, that is, with the exception of Aaron who is out on a dive trip and Andrew who has the immune system of supernatural being. We could all be deathly ill and coughing all over his face and he would still be completely healthy. I think it may be his love of raw vegetables. I kept him out of school on Monday and Tuesday because I didn’t want to be driving back and forth with a car full of sick people. It was just an easier plan. He got all of his homework done and a ton of video game time in. Today I made him go back afterall he isn’t even sick, never was to begin with. He should be kissing my feet for those two free days he just had. Instead he is being a humongous sour puss about it. The fifteen minute drive to his school this morning was filled with grumblings and hostile comments. I was certain my ear lobes would bleed if I had to listen to him complain for a second longer.

When we got to the school he told me that he was absolutely not getting out of the car. I did a long exhale trying really hard not to completely lose my temper with him. “You need to get out of the car.” I told him in my most calm mom voice that I could muster. The kid didn’t budge and sat there with a smirk. I got out of the car in my dirty cut off sweat pants, braless, and with birds nest hair. I was quite the sight! I went to the passenger side to open the door. He locked it and stared calmly through his window. At that point I had passed my threshold of patience. I was livid. I started banging on the window and demanded that he open the door pronto. Meanwhile, there was a dad on the other side of the parking lot staring on in complete horror and shock. Andrew still didn't not open the door. I sprinted to the other side of the car. I opened my door just in time for him to hightail it out of the car slamming the door shut and making stink eyes at me. You are the meanest mom in the world, I saw him mouth. With that he stomped off in the direction of his calssroom. Unbelievable!

Currently I am dreaming up fantastic punishments for him. Ones that involve manual labor. I’m thinking toilet bowl scrubbing, laundry duty, and dog crap pick up.

No comments: