Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tiny rockstar

Earlier I mentioned that I bought Amelia a guitar. I had no idea just how crazed she would become over a plastic toy. Home girl is obsessed. When we drove to Mission Beach to pick up the boys from Jr. Lifegaurds she brought it with. Get this—she also brought a bagful of costume changes. Yes, you read that correctly, my 5-year-old daughter thinks she is a rock star.

On the 20-minute car ride she went through three costume changes. First it was a Hello Kitty shirt with silver rhinestones that she called “her real rocker look”, second was a pink floral number that she called her “pretty princess rocker look”, and lastly there was her purple hippie tank that was her “rock out costume.”

After the boys got into the car, she announced that when we got home she was going to roller-skate while playing her guitar so she could be a roller-rocker, but first she needed a costume change.

My daughter is awesome.

4 comments:

archshrk said...

Too much Hannah Montana, me thinks.

BTW - todays captcha (word verification) was saging, as in the act of giving sage advice...

not the act of getting old and fat.

Amelia said...

I know. I think we need to have words about how it's all about the music not the costumes.

Nicole said...

I secretly hope that Fletcher and Amelia will get married because she "rocks"!

Amelia said...

I not so secretly hope the same thing. Although I would be okay with Griffin or Jackson as well.