Thursday, December 17, 2009

Because of Dad

The blog I wrote about my dad was published in last weeks San Diego Reader.  I am really happy that I won for this particular piece.  It was hard for me to write about my dad without coming across as whiney or too sentimental.  Anyway, Here's the link:In memory of Seamus Feely. 

I had three goals in terms of writing this year

1. To make my Journalism Professor's student success page on his website (silly I know!)
2. To win 1st place in the San Diego Reader's  Neighborhood blog Contest.
3. To have a Reader cover story.

I am really pleased to have accomplished all three.  I don't really know where to go from here.  I need some new goals for 2010.  I think I would like to secure an internship and a local paper or magazine and this is a really, really huge long shot but.... I want to have an article in the New Yorker by the end of the 2010.   It'a a far cry from our little local paper but I think it's good to make insane goals.

No comments: