Wednesday, July 1, 2009

San Francisco

I find it interesting that my brother, sister, and I all live in different vacation spots. I'd like to think it has something to do with the summer road trips my mom took us on as kids. We would pile into the family station wagon with maps and candy. We never had a real plan on where or what we would do. My mom would crank up the A.C and the music. We would stop along the way when something looked fascinating. Sometimes we would head up to the west coast while other times we ended up in Florida or New York.

A few weeks ago the kids, my mom, and I spent 5 days with my brother and his family. It's weird to see Roger as a dad because when I think of him I picture him at 12 holding a skateboard and convincing me to climb the enormous evergreens in our front yard. He was the kind of brother who believed in allowing his little sister to tag along with him. I used to think he was the coolest person on the planet. I still kind of do.

Here are pictures from my brother's neck of the woods. He is a San Franciscan through and through. I loved exploring his city with him.









No comments: