Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Jacob the Grump

Jacob is becoming mean. I knew this would happen. I should’ve been prepared. Andrew was the same way right around 11. It’s how boys get.

Jacob is grumpy and difficult; He rolls his eyes at me and talks back constantly. He wants to know “why do I have to!!” anytime I ask him to do anything. He is constantly sighing.

Jacob has always been my sweet kid. Since he was a baby he has been sensitive and considerate. I have never met another boy that smiled more than he did. It’s hard for me to get used to the grumpy version of him. I know that it will pass. He is growing up,learning, and developing. He has a lot going on in his world.

At 12, nearly 13, Andrew has almost outgrown his grump phase. He is like the 5 foot 2 version of a grown man.  I am certain that I will not have to suffer through Jacob’s meanness for that much longer. It’s just kind of a bummer. I miss my kid. It really is true that kids grow up far too quickly.
Jacob and Andrew messing around with their friends at school

Jacob meeting a camel on a recent field trip.

No comments: