Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reading: It's What all the Cool Kids are Doing

Aaron, the kids, and I read a lot. We have five bookshelves filled to the guts with books, books, and more books. Also we have boxes of them in our attic storage.

As a result I have started a new project: Found a book. I have been leaving books that I have read and loved in public places. Inside the book's cover I have left instructions on what to do next.

My hope is that other people will pay it forward. The idea is to carry on the trend. Once you find a book you are supposed to leave another book. I instructed the lucky individual that has scored a new novel to go the above website and leave a message all about it. We will see if it catches on. So far I have left behind two books, one on my school's campus underneath a really beautiful tree, and the other at a Starbucks.

If you’re interested in being a part of my experiment let me know and I will e-mail you the instructions you should write in the inside of your left behind book. It would be cool to get people in other states involved.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love this! I can see it turning into something huge!

Amelia said...

I'm hoping it catches on. out of the three books i have left I have only heard back from one person.

I like the idea of a stranger finding something unexpected like The Grapes of Wrath in a coffe shop.