Monday, August 16, 2010

Great White Sightings in San Diego

This weekend Aaron took the kids snorkeling at La Jolla Cove and the next day he did a mile and half swim there with some friend. That very same day, Sunday,  a great white shark was spotted at lifeguard tower 30.  Holy crap.  I can't tell you how badly this freaks me out. I have an extreme shark phobia.  On top of that a local  paddle boarder took this footage last week from San Onfre: 

 CRAZY!  To make matters worse, this weekend we are taking a family trip that is ocean based.  We will be staying on the beach and are supposed to be snorkeling and spear fishing.  I am freaking out...FREAKING OUT! 

2 comments:

archshrk said...

I wouldn't worry about it. They were only Dolphins...

"A shark warning in and around La Jolla was no longer in effect Tuesday after lifeguards determined many reported sightings were of dolphins, not sharks. "

We saw them at La Jolla shores Saturday and they were clearly dolphins - about 3 or 4 from what we saw.

Amelia said...

nice, it reminds me of the game telephone from childhood.