Saturday, September 15, 2012

MMA fighting in San Diego




My latest article

I have to admit that I wasn't excited about this article. One of the dad's from my kid's school suggested that I write it. A friend of his owns Epic, a company I talk about in the article. I got the distinct feeling that he and his buddy believed I would be writing a promo piece for them. I don't write promotional pieces. In the beginning I was really stressed out over this article. I put off writing it.

Once I started meeting the people involved in San Diego MMA I feel in love with this project. I got really into it. All of the fighters I featured had unique and interesting stories. It was a joy to write about them. It is by far my favorite article I have ever written. Wait, I lied, the farmer Bill article was my favorite. This one comes in at a very close second.

No comments: