Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Frustration

I am writing a Father's day article about a local San Diegan who might be one of the most amazing men I have ever met. The only problem is that I am having one hell of time writing his story.

Capturing his spirit in the piece without making it too sappy is proving to be challenging. Also, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure to make it spectacular. His family is super excited about the article. His daughter is even flying home father's day weekend so they can be together when the article comes out. Lastly, this article is breaking my heart. The guy I am writing the story about reminds me of my father in so many ways that it makes me incredibly sad. He even smells like saw dust.

My deadline is Friday and I have about 200 words. Sigh.

No comments: