Friday, October 26, 2012

Andrew for President

Andrew is running for class president. I found out this morning after dropping him off at school. Nearly every classroom window was cluttered with a vote for Andrew and the “And then Republic” poster.

He never asked me to purchase poster boards and I didn’t see him working on them.

“When did you make the posters?” I asked, “and what is the and then republic.”

“I had the 7th grade girls make them for me,” he said, “The And Then
Republic is an inside joke, mom. You wouldn;t get it.”

He is running against Nkechi, a girl in the 8th grade. She has a 4.0 grade point average and can slam dunk a basketball.

“I’m pretty sure I’ll win," He assured me,“I’m a lot cooler.”

Looks like he has the whole politician thing down: Arrogance and the ability to persuade other people to do all the work.


No comments: