Thursday, October 7, 2010

Making a Buck off the Interesting Life my Father-in-Law leads

 I sold another Reader cover story. I received a check in the mail from them the other day and it is written out to: Siobham Braun. I kind of love their typo. I am huge fan of any and all pork products so why not embrace the idea of having the word Ham spelled out in my name? Maybe I can make it a new pen name.

The article is about my father-in-laws recent move to TJ. I'm wondering if it will amass the same amount of scathing comments as my last article? Which I might add, received the most comments of any Reader cover story ever published. I would be proud, if it weren't for the very idea that nearly all were hate-filled rants. I have a feeling this will be similarly detested. I seem to have that effect on people.

The reader people want Conrad and I to do a photo shoot for the cover. I'm not really excited about my mug gracing the numerous Readers distributed across San Diego. I am a privacy freak. To tell you the truth, I would rather have an incognito pen name to hide behind.  The very idea of my face on the cover freaks me out.

Conrad, on the other hand, is all about it. There was no masking the utter glee dripping in his voice when he assured me that it would not be a problem for him to cross the border in order to be a part of the photo-op.  The man is an attention whore!

"You are aware that along with procaliming how amazing you are I do make fun of you a ton in the story?" I ask him.  He could care less. “I am an interesting man." he proclaimed. I would agree with that statement.

Me and the Rad

No comments: