Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fairy Festival

This Saturday Amelia and I had a girls outing.  I'm trying to take advantage of spending one on one time with her before she starts kindergarten in the fall.  At 9 a.m. the two of us drove out to the Botanical Gardens in Encintas for their annual Fairy Festival. 

I have been meaning to take Amelia to the fairy festival for the last two years but every year, with out fail, I have let it slip past.  I am thankful that I waited until she was 5-years-old.  She is at the perfect age--not to young and not yet to old to enjoy all things fairy. 

We had such a great time exploring the tiny little fairy cottages hidden amongst flowers, playing on the tree house, crafting faires out of clay and branches, and creating treasure boxes.  It was a really special day. 

On the car ride home Amelia procalimed that "today was the greatest day EVER!"    I adore her!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

How fun! They also have a fairy festival every year at Summers Past Farm near Alpine:
http://www.summerspastfarms.com/fairyfestival.htm
I've thought about dressing Fletcher up and taking him but I doubt he'd go for it :)

Amelia said...

There were a ton of boys dressed like pirates and peter pan. I'll have to check out the summerpast farm one next year.